Ask Virgil hacked / change in policy.

Anything relating to the message board itself.

Moderator: jasonb

jasonb
Site Administrator

Ask Virgil hacked / change in policy.

Post by jasonb »

Right. So - over the past several months, multiple "spam" accounts have been created on this board. Mostly with usernames that never post anything, but which are obviously fake - since they called themselves "free online poker" and "Crackhead". Additionally, some joker decided to vandalize the board and post a message to that effect. (By changing the board title.)

I've corrected this, and deleted all of these user accounts. I've also switched the board policy so that any new user accounts are no longer automatically activated - they must be approved by me. (I will also work on upgrading the board software at some point soon.)

If you want an account here, create your account and then send me a personal email with something personal about yourself so that I can verify your integrity and, as best as possible, eliminate the garbage.
jasonb
Site Administrator

Post by jasonb »

Three bogus accounts were created in under 8 hours. I'm not going to spend all of my time deleting these things.

I've disabled account activation altogether. If you want an account, please just send me a personal email with the username and password you'd like, along with some more descriptive message so I know you're for real.